What is green building?
A green building is based on a idea which focuses on increased efficiency of resource use, such as energy, water, and materials and on reduced impact on human health and the environment. This includes factors such as building’s life cycle, construction, operation, maintenance, and final disposal.
Green buildings reduce their environmental debt by:
* Using resource-efficiently produced materials
* Increasing building insulation
* Reducing energy and water usage
* Protecting occupant health
* Improving employee productivity
* Reducing waste and pollution outputs
Green Building come by many names such as Green Architecture, Sustainable Building or Natural Building. They all have the same goal which is to reduce the environmental impact of all phases of the construction and maintenance of a building. Natural Building focuses more on natural resources whereas Green Architecture has design as it´s main target.